4 x 4 rib Ovation lamb racks
A little lamb or veal demi-glace sauce
Wild herb crust
Smoked carrot puree
Fresh herbs to garnish
1 Tbsp dried thyme – light toasted & ground
1 Tbsp cumin – toasted & ground
1 Tbsp coriander – light toasted & ground
1 Tbsp sesame seeds – toasted
1 Tbsp sumac
1 Tbsp puffed quinoa
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp smoked paprika (agridulce)
Combine all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
¼ cup parsley stems – finely chopped
¼ cup cilantro or coriander stems – finely chopped
½ cup wild foraged herbs – finely chopped
1 large lemon – fine zest only
Mix herbs together and keep refrigerated until needed.
500g carrots – peeled & quartered
200ml vegetable stock
50ml extra virgin olive oil
4gm xanthum gum
1. Steam the carrots for 30-40 minutes or until carrots are tender.
2. Gently smoke for 5 minutes. Then remove from the smoker and toss with the olive oil in a bowl.
3. Place in an oven preheated to 160 degrees C and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Lastly blend together with the vegetable stock and xanthum gum.
5. Season with salt and a little white pepper.
100g soft goat’s feta
¼ tsp salt
Blend together till smooth.